Tuesday, March 8, 2016

The Hero Dad Who Saved His Son From Flying Baseball Bat

Landon Cunningham's 9th birthday celebration and first trip to a Major League baseball game changed from near disaster to relief in a split second, all thanks to his hero dad.

Landon was looking at his phone while texting his mom a picture from Saturday's Pirates-Braves spring training game when Pittsburgh outfielder Danny Ortiz lost control of his bat at the plate.

That sent the bat hurtling into the stands behind first base, directly at Landon's face.

 OF Ortiz: "My wife said to me, 'You almost killed that kid!' " 
http://
bit.ly/1U7kWBv Rob Biertempfel (@BiertempfelTrib) March 7, 2016


At the last instant, his father, Shaun Cunningham, stuck out his arm to block the bat from hitting his son.

“It happened so fast, I didn’t have time to think about it. Once I realized that, in fact, it was heading for us, specifically my son, I just threw my arm out and tried to block it the best that I could”, said Shaun.

Cunningham and his son, Landon, had gone to the Pirates-Braves game as a birthday present for Landon, who turns 9-years-old next week.


Shaun said, “It was the first time Landon had been to professional baseball game, I was waiting until he was a little older, and we were sitting there watching the game and he had asked to borrow my phone so he could take a couple of pictures to send to his mom and sister.”

“I was just about to send it when I felt something hit me and I didn’t even know what it was. It went flying and it hit my shoulder”, said Landon.

Watch out for video here:
While Landon did get hit in the shoulder, it was his dad who took the brunt of the bat’s force, but both say they’re no worse for wear.

Because of incidents like this, Major League Baseball has asked teams to install more protective netting in stadiums. source: today, cbslocal

SHARE IT TO YOUR FRIENDS and START CONVESATION BELOW!



Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Disney Confirms $350M Investment for Disneyland Philippines

Filipinos need not to go to other countries to visit Disneyland anymore after 2 years starting today after The Walt Disney Company chairman Andy Bird, announced on Friday that the company has set aside $350 million to be invested in the Philippines.

Vice President for global public policy Jim Flippatos said Disney finds the Philippines as a great location for entertainment and amusement goers.



Bird said they will visit the country next month (March) to shop for a great location.
It was announced earlier in one of the company’s press releases that possible locations includes Batangas, Laguna, Bulacan, and Pampanga area.


“I think Metro Manila is already extremely crowded. We need at least 125 acres (50 hectares) of land to house the Disneyland Philippines”, Flippatos said.
Bird clarified that the Philippine investment plan was decided two years ago, contrary to the report that President Aquino convinced the company.


“It has nothing to do with our meeting with the Philippine president last week. The plan was already finalized before and meeting with President Aquino was just to finalize the deal”, Bird noted.

Watch out for video here:


Another executive Mark Paulson said that the Disneyland Philippines could provide at least twelve thousand local jobs.
“Once we finalize the deal with the land owners, we will start the construction as soon as possible. Our target is to open by summer of 2018”, Paulson said.

SHARE IT TO YOUR FRIENDS and START CONVESATION BELOW!